As an international architectural firm, UNStudio is active in the broadest fields of architecture. Our project portfolio covers every aspect of architecture, ranging from small to large-scale projects, research and theory. The atmosphere within each of our offices is international, multidisciplinary, design-oriented and ambitious, but also open, non-hierarchical, team-based and friendly, with attention to personal well-being, knowledge development, and career planning.
We are currently looking for Senior Project Architects to join our Shanghai office. The ideal candidates should have effective management and team leadership skills, strong design sensibilities and technical skills, knowledge of local regulations, a flexible mentality, and experience managing all stages of a project, from concept through to construction.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience working on programmatically-diverse and large-scale projects in China
- Excellent communication skills, with extensive coordination experience with clients, LDI’s, and consultants
- Good knowledge of Chinese building codes and regulations
- Technically-oriented, with the ability to resolve architectural solutions through innovative thinking
- Effective project management and team leadership abilities
- Excellent knowledge of products, materials, and construction methods, especially in Asia
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a continuous desire to both learn from and mentor others
- Responsible, accountable, and able to foresee risks and solve conflicts in projects
- Proficient 3D + 2D software skills (Rhinoceros, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Fluent English and Mandarin communication skills (reading and writing) is required
Working conditions are according to Chinese legislation. Benefits are consistent within all UNStudio offices. Applications consisting of a short motivation letter, C.V. and portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF, max.10mb) to Feely Pan at email@example.com.