We are currently looking for an intern for our Urban Unit in Amsterdam. As an integral part of UNStudio, the Urban Unit leads a relational approach to the integration of architecture and urban design. Our approach to urban design is based on a thorough investigation into urban processes, such as people flows, social and environmental resilience and typological changes. We embrace the concept of shared space and focus on places that encourage public interaction.
The Urban Unit leads masterplan projects and also helps to support the various project teams. We engage in research, analysis and design and work across scales and geographies. We currently concentrate on mobility projects, Transit Oriented Developments and retail and leisure facilities.
The Intern Urban Design will be expected to participate as a full team member and understand the design/masterplan processes. Communication skills are essential and the Intern Urban Design is expected to be able to help in developing diagrammatic and spatial representations. The internship will be for a minimum of 6 months, preferably a year.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- You are enrolled in a university or higher technical school programme in a design discipline (Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture)
- You have at least a bachelor degree (or equivalent)
- You possess an understanding of various urban systems and the ability to coordinate disciplines including transportation, landscaping, environmental engineering, technology and social integration
- You preferably have some work experience from earlier internships
- You have good knowledge of AutoCAD, Rhino and the Adobe Suite package
- You have good design capacities
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You are a team player, reliable, pro-active, flexible and dedicated
- You are permitted to live and work in the EU
In our office interns are considered full team members and are encouraged to widely contribute to our projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
A challenging position in an independent young and international working environment. Start date: February 2018. The position offers an opportunity to be exposed to highly ambitious design processes and make a significant contribution to the projects of UNStudio.
Are you interested in the job description and do you recognise yourself in the profile?
If so, please send a short motivation letter, your CV and your portfolio to email@example.com