The atmosphere in our office is informal, international, multidisciplinary, highly ambitious and very dynamic, but also friendly with a focus on personal and professional development. The average age of our employees is 34 years and our employee base is made up of about 30 different nationalities. Almost all employees have an academic background. For our Urban Design department we are looking for a Designer with experience in urban scales.
The Urban Unit leads masterplan projects and also helps support the various project teams. We engage in research, analysis and design and work across scales and geographies. We currently concentrate on mobility projects, Transit Oriented Developments and retail and leisure facilities. The designer will be expected to understand design/masterplan processes and to be able to conduct research into relevant urban design and planning topics. Communication skills are essential as well as design experience.
- Master’s degree in a design discipline (Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture);
- 1-2 years of post- master experience in a design discipline (Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture)
- Understanding of various urban systems and ability to coordinate disciplines including transportation, landscaping, environmental engineering, technology and social integration;
- Understanding of land use programming, building, open space and planning typologies;
- Exhibit a stellar design approach and talent
– we are looking for a strong designer who can bridge the urban scale with an architectural representation;
- Exhibit affinity with UNStudio’s design philosophy and approach to projects;
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility;
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach;
- Able to work as part of an effective team assisting and supporting team members;
- Proficiency in 3D and 2D software (Rhino, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, PowerPoint, Microsoft package. GIS knowledge is a plus);
- Fluent English and Dutch communication skills.
The reason(s!) to apply:
- Great team
- Inspiring work environment
- The location: City Centre Amsterdam
- 30 annual holidays
- Professional and social events
Please send us your application (C.V./resume + portfolio max 10MB + short motivation letter) before June 1st 2018 to HR@UNStudio.com