The atmosphere in our office is informal, international, multidisciplinary, highly ambitious and very dynamic, but also friendly with a focus on personal and professional development. The average age of our employees is 34 years and our employee base is made up of about 30 different nationalities. Almost all employees have an academic background. For our Product Design department we are looking for a Junior Product Designer. Since 2008 UNStudio has its separate product unit who develop designs for brands like Walter Knoll, Alessi, Zumtobel, Artifort, Prooff and others.
- 1 year of experience as a Product Designer with an affinity for Interior Architecture
- Proactive mindset and self-motivated, with a continuous desire to learn, grow and be inspired by new innovative developments within and outside the creative industry
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities and design skills
- Technical problem solver with the ability to work out solutions through innovative thinking
- Good team player with the ability to clearly communicate with the project leader and producers
- Able to organize both own work and of a product intern
- Able to bring a project from vision to commercial completion
- Responsible, accountable, and able to foresee risks and solve conflicts in projects
- Strong knowledge of product design, materials and construction methods
- Fluent English communication skills
- Adobe Suites ( Photoshop / Illustrator / Indesign ) skills are a must
- 3d Modelling skills with a minimum of 1 year experience in Rhino
- Interest and passion for new technologies and UX design ( apps / user applications )
10 Reasons to work with us
- You have the opportunity to work on high profile challenging projects worldwide
- Your experience is highly valued, but your innovative and design attitude is ranked highest
- You work in a young international team that is highly ambitious, collegial and social
- You want products to be a valuable way of exploring and questioning the ways in which people interact with their environment
- You are part of a creative loop that inspires all our services (from urban planning to architecture and interiors ), towards greater understanding, efficiency and creativity.
- You design through discovery and learn on the job
- You get as much creative freedom within the given assignments
- You will work on multidisciplinary collaborations with experts from different fields that provide insight into product design, its processes, materials and organization.
- You will have the opportunity to develop research projects with external companies and institutions
- You will be working in the city center of Amsterdam, one of the world’s most attractive cities
Please send us your application (C.V./resume + portfolio max 10MB + short motivation letter) before March 1st 2018 to HR@UNStudio.com.